Part-Time Sales Associate
Posted July 2, 2019 |
Crateand Barrel Sales Associates are at the heart of our customers' experience.Genuinely warm and naturally driven, you're a fan of everything we sell. Thatenthusiasm brings a level of excitement to our stores that makes shopping funand keeps customers coming back. Under the direction and mentorship of theAssistant Store Manager, Sales and Team Leader, Sales, your day is dedicated tomeeting daily sales goals, becoming an expert on our products, answeringcustomers' questions and keeping the sales floor neat and welcoming.
- Maximize company sales growth andprofitability through the use of creative selling skills, teamwork andcustomer service, in order to deliver an engaged experience to every customer,every time.
- Demonstrate company standards inselling, customer service, visual merchandising and teamwork.
- Ensure full understanding of allproducts and have a continued awareness of the most current informationavailable.
- Develop, share and apply productexpertise.
- Maintain an awareness of allproduct information, intranet communications, and current advertising andmarketing initiatives.
- Maintain sales floor coverage andfollow posted schedules with regard to area assignments.
- Maintain the store counters andassist with store maintenance as directed by the management team.
- Maintain all store displays anduprights/shelves in between customer interactions.
- Actively engage customers andremain attentive to customer needs.
- Assist customers with product selectionsand process all customer orders or returns.
- Update notes on customer sales tokeep sales associates informed, as needed.
- Support and model excellent serviceby exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job andcompany to both internal and external customers in all forms ofcommunication.
- Communicate customer feedback tostore management team concerning policies and/or product requests,problems and suggestions.
- Actively participate in storemeetings and training sessions.
- Promote a strong sense of teamworkby working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently withall associates.
- Support and maintain store salesand service goals and standards as communicated by the Assistant StoreManager, Sales.
- Maintain an awareness of allavailable resources for training and development.
- Support all efforts and initiativesacross all business channels in an effort to maximize company sales growthand profitability.
- Maintain awareness and demonstratea fundamental knowledge of computers, systems and programs relevant to theposition.
- Participate in ongoing trainingregarding technology upgrades and new systems.
- Customer service/retail experiencepreferred
- High school diploma/GED orequivalent
- Good reading, written and verballanguage skills (English)
- Good communication skills, basicmath
- Ability to move and/or lift up to50lbs; heavier product with team assist
- Must be available to work aflexible schedule including weekends and holidays
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job postingshould not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may berequired to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are requiredto perform other related functions as assigned.