Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by providing legendary customer service to all customers. This job creates the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages, and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following: Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Starbucks.
• Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep the store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
• Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating the environment and customers for cues.
• Communicates information to the manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
• Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
• Contributes to a positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
• Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
• Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
• Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and products as needed.
• Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety, and sanitation guidelines for all products.
• Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
• Maintains regular and punctual attendance
Summary of Experience
• No previous experience required
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights, and/or holidays
• Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling, and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
• Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, the quantity of ingredients, or substituted ingredients
• Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to learn quickly
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to build relationships
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employers of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org